New York, New York

First Class Exteriors / Mary & John Langona from Howard Beach NY did my roof and had to come back three times already to do repairs.Yet again five rows of shingles are sliding down to expose bare plywood with no 15lbs moisture barrier installed as per contract, while other sections of the roof are beginning to slide off as well.

Used nail guns at a crooked angle and nails tear into shingles causing them to slide off in sections. Called co. last week and Mary was very nasty. Said it's 101 degrees and no one can go up roofs which I agreed with.

Such weather lasted two days and subsided to usual 80 plus degrees.I asked for a date and time since I already waited home one full day with no one showing up. Mary said I will get a call one day prior before someone shows up.John showed up later in the afternoon and I was'nt home (so much for the notice). Into one full week and still waiting. Called John yesterday and explained that NY will be getting 1-3" rain.

He said he will be here today (meaning yeaterday).

Still waiting.We did have heavy rains and the roof continue to be soaked and further damage.

Had an Experience with First Class Exteriors?

Comments

vick

Well Guys - John showed up and after taking off the loose shingles and upon close inspection, it proves that it was from a very bad batch of manufacturing.The top half of the shingles separates from the bottom half.

The roofing guys say they have never come across anything like this. I have done a few roofs in my time and I agree. Upon lifting the shingles they just go up fully without much effort whereas they should have after two years adhere to each other.

SORRY that I GAVE THEM A BAD REVIEW - John will meet with the manufacturer and see what comes out of it.ONCE AGAIN, I TAKE BACK THE BAD REVIEW SINCE IT WAS A MANUFACTURER DEFECT IN THE SHINGLES>

vick

Note to all.First Class Exteriors just showed up without even calling.

Lucky that I was home to give them access.They will do the repairs and I'll keep you posted

vick

BY the way - first call was placed to Mary on July 2nd and said due to the holiday on Monday, July 5th they will be here to look at the roof July 6th.Call July 6th and Mary said the date was for calling me back and wasn't supposed to be for coming to look at the roof.

July 13th I spoke to John and he was supposed to come by.

Still waiting.Beware and stay away from such contractors.